Where to Find Us
Dakin's Community Spay/Neuter Clinic
171 Union Street Dale Street entrance
Springfield, MA 01105
Hours of operation are Tuesday-Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Administrative hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Closed Sunday and Monday
The Community Spay/Neuter Clinic provides accessible surgery to those who do not have access to other options. Please allow us to preserve our limited resources for use by those in need. If you are able to have your pet's spay/neuter performed by your regular veterinarian, please do so. Thank you for understanding.
Dogs eligible for surgery
Most healthy dogs over the age of 10 weeks and weighing at least 3 pounds are eligible for surgery. We are unable to provide surgery for any dogs over 80 pounds* or English Bulldogs. These dogs' special needs are best served by full-service veterinary hospitals. We serve Pugs and Boston Terriers only if they have normal breathing.
*Pit Bulls over 80 pounds are still eligible for surgery at Dakin.
Spay/Neuter Fees for Dogs
All surgery prices include the office fee, pre-surgery veterinary examination, and pain medication at no additional charge.
|3 - 25 lbs||$285|
|26 - 80 lbs||$350|
Other possible fees:
- If our veterinarian determines that your dog is obese, an additional $25 will be charged
- If your dog is pregnant, an additional $50 will be charged
- If your dog is in heat, an additional charge of $25-$50 may apply
Special Pit Bull Pricing: Guidelines
Online scheduling is not available for Pit Bull spay/neuter surgeries.
Please email email@example.com to make an appointment.
To receive a $175 Pit Bull spay/neuter surgery:
- The dog must be your pet and either a Pit Bull or a primary Pit Bull mix.
- You must be receiving state or federal needs-based financial assistance other than state medical insurance. Our clinic staff will make the final determination about whether a dog qualifies for this pricing and you may be asked to email us a picture of your dog.
- You must live in Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin counties (MA).
- If you live elsewhere or don't receive need-based state or federal assistance, we are happy to provide surgery for your Pit Bull at our regular rate.
Make an Appointment (pre-pay only)
Appointments are required for all dog surgeries. Full payment of surgery is required at the time of scheduling. Additional services are paid at the time of appointment.
Admission is promptly at 8:30 am and all dogs are discharged at 3:00 pm on the same day of surgery. Please leave all dogs in your car when checking in.
To make an appointment and pay by phone, please have a credit or debit card ready when we speak with you. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and debit cards with any of those symbols on the card. The phone number for the clinic is (413) 781-4019.
Full payment is required to schedule an appointment.
- Our building is closed to the public. To schedule and pay for your appointment in person, contact the clinic to schedule a time to do so.
- We require more than 48 hours' notice to reschedule or cancel your appointment without penalty so that we may have time to fill your original appointment slot. Otherwise, there will be a $50 rebooking fee. All surgery funds will be transferred to your new appointment at no extra charge.
- All surgery fees are non-refundable without manager approval.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the fastest response.
Due to the high volume and demand for our services, our phone lines may be busy. Please leave us a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Also Available at the time of Surgery
|Distemper/parvo (DA2PP) vaccination||$20|
|Microchip (includes registration)||$22|
|Elizabethan ("lamp shade") collar||$15|
Massachusetts law requires that all pets be vaccinated for rabies. Please bring a current rabies certificate with you on the day of surgery. We cannot accept a vaccine reminder or a rabies tag as proof of vaccination. If you do not have proof, we will vaccinate your pet for an additional charge of $15.
Pre- and Post-Op Instructions for Dogs
Moms Fixed Free
If your cat or dog has had a litter, we can help.
Once the kittens/puppies are eight weeks old, Dakin will provide spay surgery and vaccines for rabies and distemper for mom free of charge.
To qualify for the Moms Fixed Free program, all kittens/puppies from the litter must be brought to Dakin to enter our adoption program. For more information about the Moms Fixed Free program, email us at Springfield@dakinhumane.org.