What is a Spirit Cat?
Spirit Cats are very shy adult cats who struggle with changes in their lives and environment. They'll often need more time than the average cat to settle in. A bond with a Spirit Cat is a special one because it takes time, patience, and understanding to earn their trust in you.
A Spirit Cat's Ideal Home
- They'll need a very specific setup when they arrive in their new home and plenty of time to adjust to their new family.
- A quiet home is best for a Spirit Cat. They are not used to homes with lots of hustle and bustle, including those with young children.
What to Expect as a Spirit Cat Adopter
- They tend to be independent but often enjoy the company of other cats.
- They'll remain shy with new people and situations. They will likely choose to hide from visitors.
- With time to adjust to their new home, Spirit Cats typically form a bond with 1-2 people.
If you want to make a difference in the life of a cat in need, adopt a Spirit Cat. The greatest gift you can give them is your patience and understanding.
Find a Spirit Cat
If you'd like to change a life and adopt a Spirit Cat, visit our website to view all available animals. Dakin's adoption center is also open Tuesday - Saturday from 12:30 - 3:00.