Thank you for organizing a supply drive to benefit Dakin Humane Society and the animals we care for! Through your support, you’re helping create a world where services that support the human-animal bond are accessible to all and companion animals are no longer vulnerable.
Your Supply Drive in 7 simple steps!
- Determine what your goals are and when you will host your drive
- Review our Wish Lists for items needed
- Determine what supplies you’ll need for collection (boxes, containers, etc.)
- Register your Supply Drive here and read our DIY Fundraising Guidelines
- Spread the word! Follow the tips listed below for ideas and sample social media posts
- Track your donations on our ready-to-use Tracking Sheet
- Once your Supply Drive has ended, drop off your donations and Tracking Sheet at Dakin's Springfield Animal Resource Center at 171 Union St, Springfield, MA 01115
Promoting your Supply Drive
There are so many ways that you can spread the word about your Supply Drive.
- Hang posters around at your school or office
- Send emails to your co-workers, friends, and family members
- If you’re hosting your drive through your place of employment, remember to provide details in your internal newsletter
- Take photos of your drive and the items you collect to post on social media
- Create a Facebook event and share it with your friends
- Tag @DakinHumaneSociety in your posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Use the hashtag #Supplies4Dakin
- Use free websites like Canva.com to create beautiful graphics
- Submit any photos that you give Dakin permission to share on social media to: firstname.lastname@example.org. As we receive many photos and plan our promotional content in advance, we cannot guarantee that every photo we receive will appear on our social media pages
Fundraise for Dakin
Did you know that you can also incorporate your own personal fundraising page during your Supply Drive to increase your impact? When you register for a personal fundraising page you can easily share your customized page with your friends and family and track your fundraising progress.
Sample Social Media Posts
"I'm hosting a supply drive to benefit Dakin Humane Society! Join me in supporting Dakin's vision of a world where services that support the human-animal bond are accessible to all and companion animals are no longer vulnerable."
For more information regarding Supply Drives or other DIY Fundraising activities, contact Kaitlyn Holloway, Community Engagement Manager at 413-781-4000 x 118 or email@example.com