Thank you for generously supporting Dakin Humane Society and the animals in our care.
Donations are welcomed daily from 10 am - 3 pm outside the Springfield Animal Resource Center.
Thrift store donations
Home Again, Dakin's onsite thrift store accepts donations of new and gently used pet supplies. Please click here for more information about accepted donations.
∗ Items in bold are needed most frequently.
Cats & Kittens
- Canned & dry cat/kitten food
- Light tuna in water
- Human baby food (meat flavors only - no vegetables)
- Clumping and non-clumping litter
- Cat toys
- Blankets (fleece only)
- Bath size towels
Dogs & Puppies
- Dry dog food
- Freeze-dried beef liver (for training)
- Bully sticks (to keep dogs busy)
- Hot dogs (for training)
Small Animals & Birds
- Large cages that meet our minimum requirements in excellent condition
- Bird perches (various sizes)
- White vinegar (for cleaning)
- Carefresh bedding
- Timothy hay
General & Office Supplies
- Trash bags - large, heavy-duty, and kitchen size
- Paper towels
- Postage stamps
- Copy paper
- Pens, markers, staples, paper clips
- Dry erase markers
We incur costs to dispose of items that we cannot accept for the thrift store. Thank you for helping us provide the best care for animals by only donating accepted items.
- Bedding with stuffing (comforters)
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Stuffed animals
- Open, expired, or prescription food
- Medical supplies or prescriptions of any kind
Thank you for supporting Dakin!
If you have left an in-kind donation at Dakin or shopped our online wish lists, please forward your receipt to Development@dakinhumane.org so we can properly thank you.
If you took a photo at the time of your donation drop-off, please email it to us at Marketing@dakinhumane.org. Your photo may be shared on Dakin's social media.
In-kind gift receipts are available at Dakin or you can download one here.