They're great companions for a resident cat...but they take people on their own terms!
About Spirit Cats
Spirit Cats are very shy with people. They live in your home, but are rarely seen - visitors will probably never see them. They are cats who live with you, and who may sometimes grant you the opportunity to touch them. Or, they may not.
What to expect
· They’re great with other cats! They are used to living with many cats, and are excellent companions for other cats.
· Over time, they will most likely get used to one or two people who will be allowed to touch them. They may choose to hang out near you, or sleep on the bed with you at night.
· They are a great choice for people with a quiet household, who want to make a difference for an individual cat. Your greatest gift to a Spirit Cat is your patience and understanding.
· They are a fine choice for situations where you don't have a lot of time to devote to a pet - most of these kitties do not need or want much attention from people.
More about Spirit Cats
· They won’t magically turn into normal acting cats; what you see is what they will be like for a long time, maybe always. Some will change more than others, but be prepared for what you see now.
· They will not be a good choice for busy homes, including those with children.
Find a Spirit Cat
If you are interested in adopting a Spirit Cat, please visit our adoption resource search here for a listing of animals currently available.