Our Wish List
We welcome donations of supplies at either Dakin location. Or you can donate from home! Check out our Amazon Wish List (hint: if you buy through Amazon Smile, you can designate Dakin Humane Society for a portion of the proceeds!). We keep it stocked with all sorts of supplies we need, and you can have it shipped directly to our door!
Items in bold in the lists below are priority items.
Thank you for helping us help the animals!
Cats and Kittens
- Canned cat food (cats prefer pate-style, rather than chunks-in-gravy)
- Dry cat food (opened bags are okay; we give them to feral cat colony feeders)
- Human baby food (chicken or turkey, meat & gravy-style only, no vegetables, please)
- Cat litter (clay, clumping and non-clumping)
- Cat toys
- Small ceramic cat bowls (busy kitties knock regular bowls over!)
- Fleece material (We cannot accept other linens at this time)
- Light tuna in water
Dogs and Puppies
- Freeze dried beef liver (for training)
- Bully sticks (to keep dogs busy)
- Hot dogs (for training)
- Greenies Pill Pockets
- Kraft Easy Cheese / spray cheese - makes medication time yummy!
- Fleece material (We cannot accept any other linens at this time.)
Birds, Bunnies, and Other Small Animals
- Large cages in excellent condition
- Fresh greens, red and orange peppers
- Carefresh bedding
Cleaning and Sanitation Supplies
- Large trash bags
- Paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Dish soap
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Liquid hand soap
- Facial tissues
- Postage stamps
- Copy paper
We Welcome Your Thrift Store Donations!
Dakin's Diamonds in the Ruff thrift store, located in our Springfield lobby, offers gently used pet supplies and household items.
We welcome donations of items your pet has outgrown, including crates, beds, collars, leashes, bowls, coats and toys. These, and other items received in excess, may be sold in the thrift shop.
We also accept donations of household items, with these restrictions:
- no bedding or clothing
- no books, dvds, or videos
- no electronics (tvs, vcrs, computers, etc.)
- no large furniture
You may bring donations to our adoption centers during regular business hours. Thank you!