Walk-In Medical Clinic
Located at 171 Union Street, Springfield, MA
What is the purpose of the Dakin Walk-In Clinic?
- To help pet owners in our community who are unable to go to a full service animal hospital for non-urgent medical problems.
What makes us different from a full service animal hospital?
- Our services are very limited. We do not have all the medications and testing that a full service animal hospital has.
- We do not have the equipment, staff or resources to handle an urgent medical situation. We are not an emergency hospital.
- Our hours of operation are very limited. The doctor and support team are only available during very specific times. Walk-ins will only be accepted during specific days/hours.
- We will only return calls for patients who have already been seen at the Walk-In Clinic; the number for these clients is 413-781-4016. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails are checked Tuesday through Thursday. It may take up to 24 hours for an email response.
- By law, all animals must be current for rabies vaccination. Either bring your pet’s current paper rabies certificate (not tag), or a rabies vaccine will be given for $12 at your visit.
The Walk-In Clinic is its own separate department at Dakin. The Adoption Center and the Spay/Neuter Clinic do not have access to the Walk-In Clinic records. Any requests for records or record information is only available during the Walk-In Clinic hours.
Currently we are only able to see the first 10 animals that arrive. Patients will be accepted between 9am-9:30am only at the Springfield Adoption Center’s main door. Clinics will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Feb & March. More dates to follow.
Conditions we can treat
Non-urgent conditions such as:
- Urinary issues
- Moderate vomiting/diarrhea
- Minor lacerations
- Torn nails
- Ear problems
Conditions we cannot treat
Chronic conditions such as:
- Heart Conditions
- Exam $40
- Limited In-house Diagnostics $10-$50 per test
- Antibiotics (based on weight) $25-$40
- Pain Medication (based on weight) $15-$25
- Rabies vaccine $12
Dakin Humane does not bill for services, offer payment plans, or accept checks.
We accept cash, credit, Care Credit and debit cards.