All healthy cats over the age of 12 weeks and weighing at least 3 pounds are eligible for surgery.
The $125* Spay/Neuter Package for Cats Includes:
- Office fee and pre-surgery veterinary examination
- Pain medication
- No additional charge if your cat is in heat, pregnant, or nursing cats
- Rabies vaccination (if over 12 weeks old)
- FVRCP ("3-in-1" distemper) vaccination (if not current)
Make an Appointment (pre-pay only)
Admission is promptly at 8:00 a.m.
All male cats are discharged at 3:00 p.m. on the same day of surgery (2:00 pm on Saturdays). Female cats are discharged at 9:00 a.m. the following day (except for Saturdays in which all cats are discharged the same day at 2:00 p.m.).
Appointments are required for all cat surgeries. Full payment for surgery is required at the time of scheduling. Additional services to be paid at the time of appointment.
For any questions, email us at email@example.com for the fastest response.
*Our administrative hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Due to the high volume and demand for our services, our phone lines may be busy. Please leave us a message at (413) 781-4019, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Full payment is required to schedule an appointment
- To schedule and pay by phone, please have a credit or debit card ready when we speak with you. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and debit cards with any of those symbols on the card. The phone number for the Spay/Neuter Clinic is (413) 781-4019.
- Our building is not open to the public. To schedule and pay for your appointment in person, contact the clinic to schedule a time to do so.
- We require more than 48 hours' notice to reschedule or cancel your appointment without penalty so that we may have time to fill your original appointment slot. Otherwise, there will be a $50 rebooking fee. All surgery funds will be transferred to your new appointment at no extra charge.
- All surgery fees are non-refundable without manager approval.
Also Available at the Time of Surgery
|Microchip (includes registration)||$22|
|Feline leukemia/FIV test||$30|
|Profender (treats tapeworms, roundworms, and hookworms)||$15|
|Revolution (kills fleas and ear mites for 1 month)||$15|
|Cryptorchid (testicle not descended)||$40|
|Elizabethan ("lampshade") collar||$15|
Rabies VaccinationMassachusetts law requires that all pets be vaccinated for rabies. Please bring a current rabies certificate with you on the day of surgery. If you do not have proof, we will vaccinate your pet. We can not accept a vaccine reminder or a rabies tag as proof of vaccination.
Moms Fixed Free
If your cat or dog has had a litter, we can help.
Once the kittens/puppies are eight weeks old, Dakin will provide spay surgery and vaccines for rabies and distemper for mom free of charge.
To qualify for the Moms Fixed Free program, all kittens/puppies from the litter must be brought to Dakin to enter our adoption program. For more information about the Moms Fixed Free program, email us at Springfield@dakinhumane.org.