Services and Fees for Dogs
All healthy dogs over the age of 8 weeks and weighing at least 2 pounds are eligible for surgery. We offer vaccinations and other services only at the time of surgery or at Dakin’s weekly low-cost vaccine clinics. Please contact your veterinarian for ongoing wellness care for your dogs.
We are unable to provide surgery for dogs over 99 pounds in weight or English Bulldogs. These dogs' special needs are best served by full service veterinary hospitals. We serve Pugs and Boston Terriers only if they have normal breathing.
Our administrative hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 am - 2:30 pm. Due to high volume and demand for our services, our phone lines may be busy. Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible, or you are welcome to schedule your appointment in person during our administrative hours.
Make an Appointment
We require appointments. Just call us at 413-781-4019 to schedule your dog's surgery. Clinic office hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Due to the high demand for our services, our phone lines may be busy. Please leave us a message, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
We require dog surgeries to be paid in full in order to schedule an appointment
- To pay and schedule by phone, have a credit or debit card ready when we speak with you. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and debit cards with any of those symbols on the card.
- To pay and schedule your appointment in person, please come to the Clinic Tuesday - Saturday during our administrative hours (10:00 am - 2:30 pm) with cash, credit or debit card. We do not accept CareCredit or personal checks as forms of payment.
- We require more than 48 hours' notice to reschedule or cancel your appointment without penalty so that we may have time to fill your original appointment slot, otherwise there will be a $50 re-booking fee. All surgery funds will be transferred to your new appointment at no extra charge. Note: All surgery fees are non-refundable without manager approval.
All abandoned surgery fees (patients that did not show up for their appointment and owners who have not reached out to us at least 72 hours after their appointment date) will be forfeited and used as a donation to help other animals in need.
Spay or Neuter Fees for Dogs
All surgery prices include the office fee, pre-surgery veterinary examination, and pain medication at no additional charge.
Your dog weighs up to 49 pounds (male or female):
- $175 regular low price
- $100 if you receive state or federal assistance (i.e., SNAP/EBT, disability or unemployment benefits, etc.)
Your dogs weighs between 50 and 99 pounds (male or female):
- $225 regular low price
- $150 if you receive state or federal assistance (i.e., SNAP/EBT, disability or unemployment benefits, etc.)
Other possible charges:
- If our veterinarian determines that your dog is obese, we will charge an additional $25
- If your dog is pregnant, we will charge an additional $50
Pit bull spay/neuter surgeries (male or female):
- $50 (subject to the guidelines below)
Guidelines for Special Pit Bull Pricing
- To receive a $50 pit bull spay/neuter surgery, the dog must be your pet and either a pit bull or a primarily pit bull mix (mostly pit bull), and you must be receiving state or federal needs-based financial assistance, such as food stamps, disability, or unemployment. Our clinic staff will make the final determination about whether a dog qualifies for this pricing.
- The $50 surgery price is available only to dogs resident in Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin counties (MA).
- If you live elsewhere or don't receive needs-based state or federal assistance, we are happy to help your dog at our regular low prices.
Also Available at the time of Surgery
- $12.00 Distemper/parvo (DA2PP) vaccination
- $20.00 Microchip identification (includes registration)
- $25.00 Heartworm test
- $12.00 Frontline (kills fleas and ticks for 1 month; 1 application)
- $10.00 Nail trim
- $25.00 Hernia repair
- $12.00 Elizabethan ("lamp shade") collar
- $12.00 Rabies vaccination**
- FREE! I.D. tag
Please note that we are unable to provide written prescriptions for medications.
**A word about rabies vaccinations
Massachusetts law requires that all pets be vaccinated for rabies. Please bring a current certificate of vaccination (a tag is not proof) with you the day of surgery. If you do not have proof, we will vaccinate your pet for an additional charge of $12.00.