Our Wish List
We welcome donations of supplies at either Dakin location. Or you can donate from home! Check out our Amazon Wish List (When you buy through Amazon Smile, you can designate Dakin Humane Society for a portion of the proceeds!). We keep it stocked with all sorts of supplies we need, and you can have it shipped directly to our door!
Items in bold in the lists below are priority items.
Thank you for helping us help the animals!
Cats and Kittens
- Canned cat food (cats prefer pate-style, rather than chunks-in-gravy)
- Dry cat food (opened bags are okay; we give them to feral cat colony feeders)\
- Light tuna in water
- Human baby food (chicken or turkey, meat & gravy-style only, no vegetables, please)
- Cat litter (clay, clumping and non-clumping)
- Cat toys
- Foster homes
Dogs and Puppies
- Freeze dried beef liver (for training)
- Bully sticks (to keep dogs busy)
- Hot dogs (for training)
- Foster homes
Birds, Bunnies, and Other Small Animals
- Large cages in excellent condition
- Bird perches (varying sizes)
- White vinegar
- Carefresh bedding
Cleaning and Sanitation Supplies
- Large, heavy duty trash bags
- Kitchen size trash bags
- Paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Postage stamps
- Copy paper
- Pens, markers, staples, paper clips
- Dry erase markers
- Scotch tape
- Paper cups, plates & plastic ware
We Welcome Your Thrift Store Donations!
Dakin's Diamonds in the Ruff thrift store, located in our Springfield lobby, offers gently used pet supplies and household items.
We welcome donations of items your pet has outgrown, including crates, beds, collars, leashes, bowls, coats and toys. These, and other items received in excess, may be sold in the thrift shop.
We also accept donations of household items, with these restrictions:
- no bedding or clothing
- no books, dvds, or videos
- no electronics (tvs, vcrs, computers, etc.)
- no large furniture
You may bring donations to our adoption centers during regular business hours. Thank you!