Organize a Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraising activity to benefit the animals that Dakin Humane Society serves! We are inspired by the generosity and creativity of our local business friends!
Involve Your Work Place
How to involve your workplace
Here are some ideas to get your colleagues involved:
- Bring Your Dog to Work Day. Pick a day to allow employees to bring their four-legged friends with them to work in exchange for a $10 donation.
- Jeans Day or Casual Friday. Ask employees to donate in exchange for permission to dress down on a given day.
- Penny Wars. Place coin jars in common areas to collect spare change. Encourage a little friendly competition by seeing which department or branch can collect the most!
- Cook-Off. Invite employees to bring in homemade chili, macaroni and cheese, or other favorite food. Charge a fee to sample each dish and vote for the best one.
- Company Raffle. Sell tickets for the chance to win a free lunch, preferred parking spot, or extra vacation day.
- Supply Drive. Organize a workplace supply drive for items from our Wish List.
- Fun Run (or Walk). Show your company spirit by forming a team at Toasted Owl Gives a Hoot 5k Fun Run to benefit Dakin Humane Society.
What to do before you plan your fundraising event
Review our Independent Fundraising Guide (below) and determine if your proposed event will fit within Dakin’s guidelines.
If the fundraiser includes a supply drive, refer to our Wish List for the complete list of items we can accept.
Submit the Independent Fundraising Application (below) at least 21 days prior to your event date.
Questions? Please call Alison Walsh at 413-781-4000 x 118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org