Organize a Community Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in hosting a community fundraiser to benefit the animals at Dakin Humane Society! Support from the community is what makes Dakin such a special place.
How to involve your community
Here are some ideas to get your community involved:
- Sell Your Stuff. Host a neighborhood tag sale and let everyone know the proceeds will go to the animals at Dakin. Adding a lemonade stand or bake sale is a great way for kids to get involved!
- Party Favors. Ask for donations to Dakin in lieu of birthday, anniversary, or wedding presents. Fundraise on Facebook to make it easy for friends and family to donate.
- Get Together. Host a game night or dinner party, and ask guests to make a donation as an entry fee.
- Supply Drive. Organize a supply drive for items from our Wish List with your school, club, or church.
- Fun Run (or Walk).Show your school, team, or club spirit by forming a team at Toasted Owl Gives a Hoot 5k Fun Run to benefit Dakin Humane Society.
What to do before you plan your fundraising event
Review our Independent Fundraising Guide (below) and determine if your proposed event will fit within Dakin’s guidelines.
If the fundraiser includes a supply drive, refer to our Wish List for the complete list of items we can accept.
Submit the Independent Fundraising Application (below) at least 21 days prior to your event date.