Online Silent Auction Rules
1. By bidding in Dakin Humane Society’s silent auction, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
2. To make a bid for an Online Silent Auction item, simply enter your bid amount in the comment section under the item photo or post. The opening bid on each item must be at least the minimum bid, which will be posted in the photo caption of each item. Each subsequent bid must follow the minimum increment posted in the photo caption. Any bids not adhering to this format will be declared invalid and voided.
3. Once the auction is declared closed, the highest bid entered on the comment section that adheres to the designated increment shall constitute the winning bid and will so be marked. In the event of a dispute, Dakin Humane Society’s representative will act as the final authority.
4. The winning bidder will be contacted via Facebook message by Dakin’s Development & Marketing department to arrange payment (cash, check, credit card) and pick up or delivery via USPS of item. This must be arranged within 24 hours of Dakin’s message being sent.
5. Any item left unclaimed (i.e. the highest bidder does not respond to Dakin’s message via Facebook within 24 hours) will be offered to the next highest bidder and sold.
6. Payment for items purchased must be made in full. We accept cash, personal check, or credit card. Receipts will be provided by mail or email within seven business days of payment.
7. Dakin Humane Society reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the Online Silent Auction. Auction item purchases are final. No returns or exchanges will be issued. All items are “as is.” Dakin Humane Society has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
8. The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
9. Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless Dakin Humane Society, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction from any liability arising directly or indirectly from the auction or items purchased therefrom.
10. Dakin Humane Society provides no guarantees, warranties, or servicing of auction items and is not liable for any personal injury or damage to property that may result from the use of the item or service sold.