An Unbreakable Connection
by Danielle Cookish
2022 was an incredible year that showed us how powerful the connection between people and pets is. When animals arrived at Dakin via transports through partner shelters or organizations, adopters stepped up to provide loving homes. This fall we held our parvovirus clinics to help at-risk dogs, and people braved long lines to ensure that their pets would be vaccinated. Throughout the year Dakin events became great gatherings for people who treasure the human-animal bond to celebrate all that is awesome about pets.
When you make a gift to Dakin this season, you are strengthening that connection. There are many ways you can provide much-needed help and steadying support for animals:
Become a monthly Guardian donor – set a figure you can work with, and that amount will be charged to your credit card monthly. Our Guardian Society members play a crucial role in helping us meet the needs of animals in our community and allow us to be ready to help animals at a moment’s notice, like accepting pets through transports, or helping our community pets through efforts like our parvovirus clinics
- Give a gift by going online at dakinhumane.org
- Shop our Wish Lists on Amazon & Chewy and donate items that are most needed to the animals in our care
- Create a personal fundraising page on Facebook to celebrate your birthday and encourage friends and families to give pets a helping hand by donating to Dakin
- Host a supply drive at school or work
- See if your workplace provides matches for your donations or volunteer time, and make your gift or time volunteered to help go twice as far
- Other ways to help include volunteering and fostering animals. Volunteers make a difference in all departments, from hands-on animal care in the shelter or through fostering, to duties in our administrative offices and events
We hope you experience all the joy of the holiday season, and we thank you for the many ways you help animals in need!